2020 Yamaha Sidewinder B-TX LE 153
Sidewinder B-TX LE 153
Making Its Home In The Deep
The perfect combo to effectively conquer snow in all conditions. Spring Power Surge Exclusive.
- 998 Genesis Turbo Engine: The turbo boosted, one liter triple is unmatched when it comes to delivering incredible power with the refinement and quality you have come to expect from a Yamaha. Designed around a premium turbo unit, every engine component from intake to exhaust, is dedicated to producing uncompromised performance. The proven Yamaha turbo has earned the respect and reputation befitting the industry's highest achiever. This engine produces the potent venom in the Sidewinder B-TX LE's bite.
- Tether Switch: An integrated switch automatically shuts-down the engine when ever the driver is not on-board.
- Fox® Zero QS3 Shocks: The Limited Sidewinder B-TX LE receives a full complement of top shelf Fox QS3 shock absorbers. The front suspension gets twin, coil-over QS3 with remote reservoirs and 3-way QS3 damping adjusters. The front skid frame arm gets a QS3 1.5 and the rear arms QS3 2.0 with remote reservoir and 3-way damping adjuster to perfectly matched the front end. These shocks all include Fox FIST ice scraper technology, velocity sensitive damping and high quality hard chrome rods with T6 anodized bodies.
- 40" Ski Stance: The 40" ski stance hits the sweet spot between on trail stability with cornering prowess and off-trail maneuverability for deep snow carving with quick transitions from side to side. New, wide cross-over skis feature a single keel design, to compliment the narrower stance.
- 153 x 2.25 In Power Claw Track: The 2.25" lugged Power Claw track was born in the Rockies and offers up the best traction for off trail play wherever that takes you. The long 153" length offers plenty of float and lift to keep you going while its not so long that you have to struggle to maneuver in tight, challenging terrain.
- Stealth Control System: The handle bar controls feature a left hand switch cluster which allows for 'on the fly' access to the multi-step hand and thumb warmer adjusters. Information available on the multi-function gauge can be easily selected with a convenient toggle switch and the push button reverse gear switch is also located in the left hand cluster. The right side of the bar is clean with an ergonomically shaped throttle lever and simple, stand-alone emergency stop switch. An updated Hayes Stealth brake cylinder equipped with a new composite Stealth brake lever provides great modulation for better feel and powerful stopping performance.
- High Tech Turbo: The Nickel alloy turbine body is extremely strong and precise, able to withstand highly elevated temperatures. Supported by premium, ceramic ball bearings, the Inconel turbine blade assembly is very light and strong. This yields a low moment of inertia for lightning quick response to exhaust gas input. Triple throttle bodies are used exclusively to further enhance the quick delivery of compressed air from the impeller to intake valves.
- Mitsubishi Electronic Control Unit: The Yamaha-developed Mitsubishi ECU uses a series of 9 sensors to gather running condition data which it computes using a predetermined memory ‘map'. It then adjusts ignition timing, fuel delivery, manifold air-pressure and turbo boost pressure to produce maximum performance under any condition - reliably.
- Electronic Air Bypass Valve (ABV): Unlike conventional turbo 'blow-off' valves, the Yamaha ABV redirects air pressure back into the intake side of the compressor to prevent surge and help maintain impeller speed, always at the ready for the next acceleration with seamless power delivery.
- Triple Throttle Body Induction: Yamaha wanted an engine that's exceptionally quick to respond with little or no 'lag' as found in a conventional turbo. One of the ways they achieved their goal was to develop an intake system using three separate throttle bodies positioned very close to the intake valves. Instead of just one feeding long intake tubes — something that is not seen in any other production turbo on the planet. And another first for Yamaha with the Genesis turbo.
- Liquid Cooled Turbo Body: Engine coolant is circulated through the turbocharger to control both under-hood temperature and help cool the intake charge. Upon engine shut down, the convection energy produced by super-heated coolant at the turbo head keeps it circulating without the coolant pump in operation. This eliminates the need for an engine cool down cycle while maintaining high durability in the turbo components.
- SRV Front Suspension: The SRV front suspension geometry is aimed at managing spindle camber, resulting in minimized bump-steer and maximized cornering bite giving rider confidence in varying trail conditions. The A-arms are mounted at a 30-degree angle from the sled's centerline to efficiently dissipate impact force throughout the entire chassis. Likewise, the front shocks mount directly to the leading spar so that trail forces are routed to the strongest part of the chassis. Wide A-arm spacing minimizes flex and stress in the front suspension system, which means consistent and confident corner handling.
- Mountain Steering System: A dedicated, tall steering post delivers optimum ergonomics for standup riding. The 5.5" riser, with broad, molded, curved-end mountain bar and incorporated mountain strap delivers ample leverage for off-trail riding. The system is adjustable to dial in sweep and reach to help keep you in the sweet spot.
- YSRC High Performance Clutch System: The YSRC primary and roller secondary clutches are calibrated for durable, cool operation. They harness and transfer the massive torque produced by the Genesis Turbo efficiently to the track while minimizing drive belt wear. The primary shifts out aggressively to use all the power on tap while the roller secondary is quick to back-shift and provides additional ratio through its oversize sheaves. The result is continuous acceleration after others have signed off.
- Lightweight SRV Mountain Chassis: The SRV Mountain Chassis combines a load-bearing triangulated structure with lightweight aluminum construction to create a neutrally balanced sled that's centered on the rider. The pyramidal upper frame creates chassis strength without excessive weight.
- Tapered Tunnel Design: The Sidewinder B-TX LE's two-piece, tapered Mountain tunnel gives you strength for the long haul and a tapered "fit" for enhanced leg comfort and overall ride positioning. The reinforced running boards are punched with aggressive boot hold serrations and offers excellent snow evacuation to keep your feet planted where you want them.
- Push Button Electric Start: As with all Yamaha 4-stroke powered snowmobiles, there is no need to pull on a string to bring the engine to life. Easy electric starting is achieved through a simple handlebar mounted, glove friendly, push-button switch.
- Handle Bar Controlled Digital Gauge: Full-featured and easy to read, the digital gauge displays critical information in a glance including speed, fuel level, trip mileage, tach, elevation, temperatures and more. Changing functions is now made easy with the switch controls on the left handle bar. We even included a clock so you can watch the time fly.
- Push Button Reverse: Convenient handlebar positioning makes shifting to and from reverse easy with just the push of your thumb. A servo motor shifts the drivetrain into reverse simply and consistently. An audible warning beeper reminds you when you are still in reverse.
- Semi Rigid Seat Bag: Additional storage is provided by a convenient new under-seat bag. It's semi-rigid design makes it easy to access and is water resistant to keep your spares safe and dry.
- Engine Type: Turbo 4-Stroke / 998cc
- Engine Class: Ultra Performance
- Fuel Delivery: Electronic Fuel Injection
- Clutch/Transmission: YSRC
- Fuel Capacity: 8.9 gal (33.61 L)
- Front Suspension: Independent, Double Wishbone
- Front Shocks: Fox® 1.5 Zero™ QS3®
- Front Travel: 9" (228.6mm)
- Ski Type: Yamaha Mountain
- Rear Suspension: Uncoupled 153
- Rear Shock(s): Fox® 2.0 Zero™ QS3
- Rear Travel: 15.5" (394mm)
- Center Shock: Fox® 1.5 Zero™ QS3
- Track / W.x L x H: 15 x 153 x 2.25" (381 x 3886 x 37.1mm)
- Track Type: Camso® Power Claw™
- Ski Stance (ctr to ctr): 40" (1016mm) adjustable
- Electric Start: Standard
- Reverse: Standard
- Headlight: LED
- DC Output: Automotive
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Ride responsibly and always ride within your capabilities, allowing time and distance for maneuvering, and respect others around you. Know the conditions. Observe all state and local laws. Never drive or ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation.
- Engine Type
- Turbo 4-Stroke
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Front Suspension
- Independent, Double Wishbone
- Front Travel
- 9 in. (228.6mm)
- Rear Suspension
- Uncoupled 153
- Rear Travel
- 15.5 in. (394mm)
- Ski Type
- Yamaha Mountain
- Ski Stance
- 40 in. (1016mm) adjustable
- Track Type
- Camso® Power Claw™
- Track Dimensions
- 15 x 153 x 2.25 in. (381 x 3886 x 37.1mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 8.9 gal (33.61 L)
- Electric Start