2016 Yamaha V Star Custom
St. Croix Power Sports
V Star Custom
Inventory Clearance Sale!! Price includes rebates. Price does not include freight, trax, or registration.
Low and Lean
Huge bang for your buck. Beautiful, old school hot rod styling, lightweight, easy handling.
- Light and Nimble Chassis: The V Star Custom is the lightest of the full-size Stars, which means great handling and performance are along for the ride, too.
- Style Plus Value: Dual exhausts, custom-looking clear turn signals, lots of chrome—the V Star Custom represents tremendous cruiser bang for the buck.
- Plush Ride Quality: Classic rigid-look rear end serves up 3.4 inches of rear wheel travel damped by a hidden preload-adjustable shock, offering up a great ride.
- Low Seat Height: 27.4-inch seat height lets riders get both feet on the pavement.
- Fuel Efficient Engine: Estimated 49 mpg means over 200 miles of riding before fill-ups.
- Stylish, Torque-Rich Motor: Beautifully chromed and polished 40-cubic-inch (649cc) air-cooled, SOHC 70-degree V-twin cranks out torquey low and mid-range power with minimal engine rpm—maximum torque is reached at only 3000 rpm—for powerful, smooth cruising performance.
- High-Tech Cylinders: Forged, lightweight pistons run in a plated ceramic-composite cylinder-bore. This advanced design ensures superior heat dissipation, greater durability and reduced vibration.
- Sealed Shaft Drive: The V-Star’s efficient and quiet shaft drive requires almost no maintenance.
- Advanced Fueling: Dual heated Mikuni® 28mm carburetors with a throttle position sensor (TPS) features a progressive pulley, electronic fuel pump and handy side-mounted air filter. This system provides a consistent fuel flow, great throttle response and optimum power throughout the rev-range.
- Broad, Flexible Gearing: Wide-ratio five-speed transmission ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery to the asphalt.
- Sleek Paired Exhausts: Two-into-two chrome exhaust pipes create sleek styling and deliver maximum low- and mid-range engine output.
- Robust Steel Frame: Stout, large-diameter steel frame is designed to provide low seat height with ample rider legroom.
- Bobbed Styling Touches: The bobbed fender evokes a look that’s both sporty and stylish.
- Stable and Stylish Geometry: Extra-long, 63.4-inch wheelbase adds to rider comfort, handling, and creates a long and low retro look.
- Low Seat Height: Large, low-profile seat provides exceptional rider comfort while low, 27.4-inch seat height allows the rider to easily put their feet down on the pavement for extra confidence at stoplights.
- Plush Suspension: 41mm aluminum telescopic front fork with 5.5 inches of travel and tube protectors ensures a smooth ride with stylishly sporty durability. Link-type, preload-adjustable single rear shock with 3.4 inches of travel provides excellent handling and plusher ride quality.
- Hidden Shock Design: Rear shock is tucked out of sight under sporty bobtail fender for that classic, hardtail look.
- Reliable Stopping Power: Single hydraulic front disc and rear drum brakes deliver strong, confidence-inspiring braking power and feel.
- Custom Wheel and Tire Package: Narrow front tire on wire-spoked wheel completes the V-Star Custom’s design and delivers quick steering for sporty handling.
- Built to Turn Heads: Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents that create a stunningly timeless machine.
- Ready to Travel: Large, 4.2-gallon teardrop fuel tank features class-leading fuel capacity for extra-long-distance cruising range.
- Tank-Mounted Instruments: Beautiful, tank-mounted speedometer is designed with a large face for easy reading of tripmeter displays and turn signal, neutral, high beam, and engine diagnostic indicator lights.
- Bright Headlight: Chrome, bullet-style 60/55-watt halogen headlight adds a nice, stylish touch and maximizes nighttime visibility.
- Modern Battery: Maintenance-free 12V 10AH battery ensures reliable, no-fuss starting.
- Standard Convenience: Under seat helmet holder increases convenience for the rider, as does a locking compartment under side cover for secure storage for small items.
- Engine Type: 40-cu.in. (649cc) air-cooled SOHC 70 deg. V-twin; 4 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 81.0mm x 63.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
- Fuel Delivery: Dual 28mm Mikuni® CV carburetors
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Suspension / Front: 41mm telescopic fork; 5.5-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock, adjustable preload; 3.4-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic disc, 298mm
- Brakes / Rear: 200mm drum
- Tires / Front: 100/90-19
- Tires / Rear: 170/80-15
- L x W x H: 92.1 in. x 34.6 in. x 42.3 in.
- Seat Height: 27.4 in.
- Wheelbase: 63.4 in.
- Ground Clearance: 5.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.2 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 49 mpg
- Wet Weight: 514 lb. / CA model 518 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
NOTES:Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight. Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
- Engine Type
- SOHC 70 deg. V-twin; 4 valves
- 40-cu.in. (649cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 81.0mm x 63.0mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Dual 28mm Mikuni® CV carburetors
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Front Suspension
- 41mm telescopic fork; 5.5-in travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock, adjustable preload; 3.4-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 298mm
- Rear Brakes
- 200mm drum
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 63.4 in.
- Seat Height
- 27.4 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.2 gal.
- 49 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 514 lb.
- 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Electric White
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)