2008 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom
Long, low, stripped-down to bare beautiful essentials and powered by a modern SOHC V-twin, the V Star 1100 Custom goes as good as it looks.
- Long, low, stripped-down-to-the-bare beautiful essentials and powered by a modern SOHC V-twin, the V Star 1100 Custom goes as good as it looks.
- With a seat only 27.2 inches from the pavement, the Custom is long and low, perfect for a plush ride.
- Classic rigid-look rear end serves up 4.5 inches of rear wheel travel damped by a hidden preload-adjustable shock.
- Special Midnight 1100 Custom is decked out in shiny Raven paint with blacked-out components throughout.
- 65 cubic-inch (1063cc), air-cooled, SOHC, 75-degree V-twin is tuned for outstanding low- and mid-range torque — maximum torque is reached at only 2500 rpm — for exceptional overall cruising performance.
- Forged lightweight pistons provide greater durability and reduced vibration and reciprocating mass.
- Ceramic-composite, cylinder-bore plating ensures superior heat dissipation for better cooling and longer engine life.
- Thick cylinder cooling fins enhance the stylish look while increasing cooling efficiency.
- Dual, heated Mikuni 37mm carburetors with throttle position sensor feature a progressive pulley, electronic fuel pump and handy side-mounted air filter to ensure consistent fuel flow, great throttle response and optimum power throughout the rev range.
- One-way cam, clutch-type starter decreases mechanical noise during starting.
- Low-maintenance shaft drive delivers superior reliability and smooth cruiser ride quality.
- Two-into-two exhaust system with dual shotgun-style staggered pipes play outstanding V-twin music and simplify aftermarket conversion.
- Low-slung, large-diameter, rigid double-cradle frame with 33-degree creates strong, stylish machine with precise, predictable handling.
- Long, 64.6-inch wheelbase produces a long, low retro profile, with spacious ergonomics for added rider comfort and great handling.
- A flat, drag-style one-inch handlebar reinforces the custom performance theme.
- 41mm telescopic fork with 5.5 inches of travel smoothes out the bumps.
- Narrow tire on an 18-inch spoked front wheel looks the part, while a 15-inch fatty out back under a kicked-up fender completes the look.
- Tucked-out-of-sight, link-type, preload-adjustable single rear shock with 4.5 inches of class-leading travel for a low profile that gives up a plush ride.
- Large-diameter dual front disc brakes and a single rear disc provide strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
- Low-profile split tandem seat and passenger pillion are comfortable and stylish.
- Industry-leading Star Family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents that create a timeless machine.
- Large, 4.5-gallon teardrop fuel tank looks right and goes a long way between fill-ups.
- Eye-catching, tank-mounted speedometer designed with a large face for easy reading of tripmeter/odometer displays and turn signal, neutral, high beam, low oil and engine diagnostic indicator lights.
- Locking compartment under side cover provides secure storage for small items.
- Chrome 12V 60/55-watt halogen headlight looks incredible and helps maximize nighttime visibility.
- Maintenance-free 12V 14AH battery ensures dependable, no-hassle starting.
- Engine Type: 65-cubic-inch (1063cc) air-cooled 75° V-twin; SOHC, 2 valves/cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 95mm x 75mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.3:1
- Carburetion: (2) 37mm Mikuni w/throttle position sensor
- Ignition: TCI
- Transmission: 5-speed, multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Frame: Steel; hidden shock
- Suspension/Front: Telescopic fork; 5.5-in travel
- Suspension/Rear: Single shock; adjustable preload, 4.5-in travel
- Brakes/Front: Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm
- Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic disc, 282mm
- Tires/Front: 110/90-18
- Tires/Rear: 170/80-15
- Wheels: Laced
- Length: 94.7 in
- Width: 35.2 in
- Height: 43.3 in
- Seat Height: 27.2 in
- Wheelbase: 64.6 in
- Ground Clearance: 5.7 in
- Dry Weight: 578 lb
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- 65 cu. in. (1063 cc) air-cooled 75 deg. V-twin; SOHC, 2 valves/cylinder
- 1063 cc (65 cu. in.)
- Bore and Stroke
- 95 x 75 mm
- Air Cooled
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- (2) 37 mm Mikuni w/throttle position sensor
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic fork; 5.5 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; adjustable preload, 4.5 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual hydraulic disc, 298 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 282 mm
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 64.6 in.
- Seat Height
- 27.2 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- Fuel Capacity: Steel; hidden shock; Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 578 lbs
- 5-speed, multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Galaxy Blue (Dark Metallic Purplish Blue) and Raven w/ Flames (Metallic Black)
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)